Farmhand - Stanford GSB 2008

An insiders view of the Stanford GSB class of 2008

Name:
Location: Stanford, United States

hitching a ride across the galaxy with my towel

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tragedy at GSB



Three Stanford students die in Highway 1 crash  

Three Stanford University Graduate School of Business students died Friday night when their car plunged off a cliff on Highway 1 near Big Sur.

Monterey County search-and-rescue crews found the car about 300 yards below Highway 1 on Saturday morning and confirmed that the three occupants had died in the crash.

The students were reported missing Friday night after failing to show up at a weekend gathering of fellow graduate students at Big Sur, university officials said.

Viet Nguyen, 28, of Raleigh, N.C., Chris Sahm, 29, of Long Island, N.Y. and Micah Springer, 23, of Columbus, Ohio died in the crash.

"This is a tragic loss for the Stanford community of three brilliant and promising students who had so much to contribute to the world, and lost their lives too suddenly and too soon," Stanford President John Hennessy said. "To the families, friends and business school colleagues of Viet, Chris and Micah, and all those who are also grieving at this shocking news, we send our deepest sympathies from the entire university community."

Nguyen was a first-year MBA student; Springer was a first-year MBA student and also a graduate student in materials science and engineering, and Sahm was a second-year MBA student.

The university will provide counseling support for all those who need it through the office of Counseling and Psychological Services at 650-723-3785, the Office for Religious Life at 650-723-1762 or the Graduate Life's Offices at 650-888-8496.


6 Comments:

Blogger Vibhuti said...

Hi Ash

My name is Vibhuti Nayar and i wish to apply to Stanford in R1 this year.

i have a few queries about the school and also i wanted to have afirst hand student experience of what it to be in this school.

Requst your help and support

Many Thanks

Best
Vibhuti
(vibhutinayar@gmail.com)

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If all you can think about after reading that note is you own application to the GSB you probably wouldn't make a good fit with the school...

May our friends rest in peace...

4:57 PM  
Blogger THE SEEKER said...

Hi Ash,

Sorry for barging-in your Blog.

I know you will be hell busy! Request you to please spare some time on my post. Need your help urgently!

I happen to be a MBA aspirant for which my list of school includes Stanford,Kellogs, INSEAD and other Indian Schools. Plan to take my GMAT in March 2nd week of 2009.

Before all that like all other passionate MBA aspirants, requesting you to please evaluate my profile.

Only upon your permission I would like to send my Profile for your honest Evaluation and suggestions for types of work of gap that I need to fill in to make it to the Ivy League.

To graduate from an Ivy Business school to accelerate my career and exploit my complete capability is my dream to live.

Do I stand a good chance to make it to 2009 admission itself as I will have my scores by Mar 09.

Kindly spare sometime to help me take greatest decision of my life. Will be truly grateful to you!

Please help.

Regards,
Vikas

12:24 PM  
Anonymous IIM MBA CAT said...

do u have any idea about present ranking of stanford now??

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Term Papers said...

I have been visiting various blogs for my term papers writing research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with in valuable information... Regards

12:21 AM  
Blogger James P. said...

Great blog yo!
Poker Money
Sizzling Hot Deluxe Online

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home