Farmhand - Stanford GSB 2008

An insiders view of the Stanford GSB class of 2008

Name:
Location: Stanford, United States

hitching a ride across the galaxy with my towel

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Second Year

Last year was crazy busy and this year does not show signs of letting up. Recruitment is a big thing of course. It is interesting to note that most of my mates here are looking for opportunities not via regular recruitment channels, but more so via alternative channels such as alumni contacts, etc. Last year, I spread myself too thin and had too much going on. This year, I plan on being more focused and having my priorities right. The main things that I want to sort out this year are the finance electives (Jack McDonald’s class is amazing, we are also going to meet Warren Buffet later in the month), SAIL program (we had an incredible trip in Bangalore and we just had the co-founder of Infosys Mr. Narayana Murthy on campus)  and the Stanford Energy club. Besides that, I am making some contributions to our reporter as always and am working a little bit on mentoring a few of the first years. So the second year should be fun, especially once I have decided what I am going to do with my job options. But this year is all about focus and getting a fewer things done, but getting them done well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home